We Have a Date!
Yesterday, Adam called to ask me how I felt about a certain date in April. I told him it was a weird number, and he said that’s when we’re getting married! He had just booked the date with our reception venue. Mine was probably not the response he was expecting. 🙂
I am SO thankful that my responsible, thoughtful Bun chose the date. I’m too indecisive to choose something so important (monumental! eternal!! oh, the pressure…), but I did help by making sure our date checked out with some important considerations. For example:
- Sports: Our date is long after the 2010 Winter Olympics and Super Bowl. Thank goodness!
- Memorability: We have to be able to remember the date, right?
- Holidays and Birthdays: Easter and my daddy’s birthday fall on the same weekend, which is also the weekend closest to April Fool’s Day. That’s just asking for trouble!
- Weather: Our date is usually in the 60s during the day and 30s at night.
- Other Weddings: Wouldn’t it be delightful to be the only Spring 2010 wedding? Alas, other friends and family will be sharing our season, so we worked around their dates.
- The Date Number: Most numbers bother me, unless they’re multiples of 5 or I can make an equation out of the digits that equals a multiple of 5. Is anyone else like this?
- Sales: We can hit up the After-Christmas, -VDay, and -Easter sales for lights and decorations!
You can find resources online for choosing a date based on astrology, feng shui, flower availability, and a million other ways. I am so excited! Our date is dreamy, and the number is not so weird anymore, because we came up with the perfect equation for it. 😛 How did you pick your wedding date?