A Sensitive Bride
I know that I’m a stuck-in-a-happy-bubble, head-in-the-clouds kind of bride, but I’ll take a moment to get real with all of you. There is one thing that plagues me and worries me the most about our wedding, and it’s something I can’t entirely control.
My sensitive skin.
Okay, you can laugh. It’s pretty common and usually not too traumatizing. Unless, of course, you’re me, and your skin freaks out over every little thing it touches. Like forks. Or couches. Or pants. Yeeeah…all thanks to:
Awesome. See, it’s something that I openly admit to, but I do everything in my power to hide the evidence. (And don’t worry, I’m not allergic to all pants—anything cotton is usually fine!)
It stresses me out to think of having an unexpected allergic reaction to something I wear or touch before the wedding. My condition has turned me into a total perfectionist about my skin, and probably the most humiliating thing you can do to me is to point out one of my “sensitive spots.” It’s only happened a few times (I hide them really well), but each time, it was pretty killer on my self-esteem. I can’t even imagine that happening on my wedding day.
And so, this bride-to-be is on a strict regimen to avoid developing a sensitive spot that lasts until my wedding day. My rules:
- No skin-on-button/zipper/snaps contact. Layering helps!
- No hot showers.
- No new lotions, soaps, or body products.
- No utensils with metal handles. When in doubt, eat with hands!
- No snuggling with animals. 😥
- Wear only my “safe” jewelry.
- Throw out the dozen eyeliners that I’m allergic to, and find one that doesn’t irritate! This is seriously the hardest one.
- Take daily vitamins. I think this helps!
Anyone else out there on a strict skin regimen before the wedding? What are you doing to ensure you have a healthy bridal glow?
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!