Today is our first month-aversary! While I often hear people say that it seems like their wedding was just yesterday, for me, it seems like the wedding was forever ago. I’m already tapping my head, trying to remember all the moments that made us laugh and tear up. We didn’t make any major plans for the month after our wedding besides the honeymoon, but somehow, we’ve been quite busy. Here’s what we did during the month after our big day:
- We honeymooned in Hawaii for two glorious weeks.
- We unpacked five suitcases: three from Hawaii, two from the wedding weekend.
- We celebrated six birthdays. All six people were in our bridal party, and three of us have the same birthday. Crazy, right?
- We started writing thank you notes. Don’t be like me and assume that all wedding-related labor is done after the wedding. 200 blank note cards recently grew vocal cords just so they could laugh at my naivety.
- We received teaser photos from our photographer and teased our friends for photo-bombing us:
- We celebrated mundane things, because it was the first time as a married couple. There was the first ordering of takeout as a couple. The first time doing laundry together as a couple. The first time discovering a broken dryer the hard way as a couple. And the first time getting fed up with the machines and hanging our towels from doorknobs to dry as a couple. Sigh. 🙂
- We used our registry completion discounts at C&B and Macy’s to sweep up our registry favorites. Hello, new baking buddy!
And two life-changing things happened right before the wedding, but we were too preoccupied to give them any attention:
- I was accepted to my dream PhD program in New York. Omgosh.
- Adam was promoted within his awesome company…to a position in New York!
So this month has also been filled with housing applications, a flight to New York, and some exciting discussions about moving to the Big Apple! I lived in NYC when Adam and I started dating long distance, and it’ll be fun to revisit all the places we loved and discover more together! This time, as newlyweds.
What are your post-wedding plans? Or if you’re already wed, what did you do during the first month after your wedding?